By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
2 servings, gluten-free, vegan
- 2 cups green leaf lettuce
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 whole tomatoes, not too ripe
- 4 radishes
- 1/8 cup potato flour
- 3 tablespoons dried coconut, shredded
- 1 large tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Fine herbs
- 2 tablespoons cold press olive oil as the dressing
- Mix the lettuce, radishes, cucumber, fine herbs and olive oil together into a bowl and toss well.
- On a plate, pour the dried coconut and potato flour.
- Slice the tomatoes into about ½ inch wide slices.
- Sprinkle some sea salt and pepper on your tomato slices.
- Heat up the oven to 415F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Rub both sides of each tomato into the coconut and potato flour mix. Lay them flat onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes in the oven, then flip them over with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Adjust the oven to broil setting and then add 1 more minute of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and lay the crunchy tomatoes on top of the salad.