By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes of cool down, 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- Some dried, shredded coconut for serving
- Heat up the coconut milk in a sauce pan, along with the sugar, cardamom and vanilla.
- When the milk starts to boil, add the tapioca seeds and keep stirring for 5 minutes on high heat. It is very important to not stop stirring because the pudding will burn at the bottom.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and place the lid over the pot and leave it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove the lid and let the pudding cool down completely.
- Serve with a touch of dried coconut on top.